The Andersonian Chemical Society was founded in November 1886 as Anderson’s College Science Society. In 1887, the name was changed to the Andersonian Chemical Society. Its object was the promotion of interest in the study of chemistry. To this end, it organised regular papers and debates on scientific subjects.
It is believed the society is the longest running student chemical society in Great Britain.