GB 249 T-AGR
- 1899 - 1949 (Production)
Niveau de description
Étendue matérielle et support
Zone du contexte
Nom du producteur
The West of Scotland Agricultural College was established in 1899, on the merger of the Scottish Dairy Institute and the agricultural department of the Glasgow and West of Scotland Technical College.
In 1900, the College was located in Blythswood Square, Glasgow. In 1927, the estate of Auchincruive, Ayr, belonging to the late John Hannah of Girvan Mains, Girvan, was presented to the College. Initially, the Blythswood site was a major centre for teaching and administration whilst the Auchincruive site was devoted to activities such as farming, poultry husbandry, horticulture and estate forestry. In 1974, the Blythswood Square site was closed.
In 1990, the College became part of the Scottish Agricultural College.
Source immédiate d'acquisition ou de transfert
Zone du contenu et de la structure
Portée et contenu
Minutes of the board of governors and committees; articles of association.
Évaluation, élimination et calendrier de conservation
Mode de classement
Zone des conditions d'accès et d'utilisation
Conditions de reproduction
Langue des documents