GB 249 T-SC
- 1884 - 1962 (Production)
Niveau de description
Étendue matérielle et support
Zone du contexte
Nom du producteur
This branch of the Society of Chemical Industry was founded in 1884 as the Glasgow and Scotland Section, but was renamed following the establishment of a new branch in Edinburgh in 1915.
The society served as a forum for discussion on matters relating to the chemical industry, and held regular meetings in the Royal Technical College, Glasgow. Many members of staff of Anderson's College and the Glasgow and West of Scotland Technical College, later the Royal Technical College, were members of the Society. J.M. Leitch, senior lecturer in bakery technology and student advisor at the Royal Technical College, held the post of sectional secretary for a time.
The UK and international societies were still in existence in 2009, with the purpose of promoting the commercial application of science for the benefit of society.
Source immédiate d'acquisition ou de transfert
These records were found in a basement of the Royal College building of the University of Strathclyde in May 1977.
Zone du contenu et de la structure
Portée et contenu
Minutes of sectional and committee meetings; membership records; financial records; syllabuses; annual general meeting papers; jubilee number of the society's journal; photographs.
Évaluation, élimination et calendrier de conservation
Mode de classement
Zone des conditions d'accès et d'utilisation
Conditions de reproduction
Langue des documents