GB 249 T-GED/22/1/1793
- No date (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
6 photographs mounted on 1 sheet: black and white, sepia; various sizes on 104.2 x 62.1 cm backing
Name of creator
Jean Laurent was one of the most recognized figures in the history of Spanish photography. In his late twenties he moved from his native France to Madrid, where he lived and worked for forty three years. In the early 1860s Laurent launched his encyclopedic photographic survey of Spanish and Portuguese architecture.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
'Renaissance, Greco-Roman, Rococo and Neo-Classic monuments in Spanish cities, from the 16th to the 18th century.'
- 'Toledo. - 7. - El [H]os[pi]tal de Sant[ ] Cruz ó colegio de infanteria.' (1); 'J. Laurent y Cia Madrid'; 22.7 x 17.1 cm
- 'Segovia. - 38. - Patio de la casa del Marqués del Arco.' (6); anon.; sepia; 29.5 x 23.4 cm
- 'Salamanca. - 1876. - Patio del Colegio de los lrlandeses.' (4); 'J. Laurent y Cia Madrid'; 23.4 x 17.3 cm
- 'Salamanca. - 363. - Fachada de la Universidad.' (2); 'J. Laurent y Cia Madrid'; 17.6 x 23.5 cm
- 'Avila. - 16. - Patio del Palacio de Polentinos (Choy Academia)' (5); anon.; sepia; 29.3 x 23.2 cm
- 'Salamanca. The house of Death' (3); title from key; anon.; 17.5 x 23.5 cm
J[ ] Laurent; anon.
Key (manuscript in ink on paper, 23.5 x 9.8 cm) pasted in lower left corner of backing [number of key in ( ) after title].
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No access restrictions.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material