GB 249 T-GED/22/1/1789
- No date (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
6 photographs mounted on 1 sheet: black and white, sepia; various sizes on 103 x 69.9 cm backing
Name of creator
Jean Laurent was one of the most recognized figures in the history of Spanish photography. In his late twenties he moved from his native France to Madrid, where he lived and worked for forty three years. In the early 1860s Laurent launched his encyclopedic photographic survey of Spanish and Portuguese architecture.
Name of creator
French photographer who aquired the archive of fellow photographer Jean Laurent after his death.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
'Christian, Moorish and Mudejar monuments, from the 11th century and the 12th century.'
- 'Santiago (Galicia). - 13. Catedral: Pórtico de la Gloria: Vista general.' (1); 'J. Lacoste. - Madrid.'; 22.9 x 17.2 cm
- 'Seville. The Giralda. 12th century. The upper part of the belfry from the 16th century.' (4); title from key; anon.; 13.3 x 23.6 cm.
- 'Toledo. - 291. - Vista interior de St. Maria la Blanca, antigua sinagoga.' (5); 'J. Laurent y Cia Madrid'; 22.5 x 16.5 cm
- 'Santiago (Galicia). - 9. Catedral: Crucero desde la Puerta de Platerias' (2); 'J. Lacoste. - Madrid'; 17 x 23 cm
- 'Avila. - 6. - Antigua Muralla, Puerta del Alcázar.' (3); anon.; sepia; 23.3 x 29.1 cm
- 'Estella (Navarra). - 2544 - Pa!acio de los duques de Granada de Egea. hoy cárcel.' (6); 'J. Laurent y Cia Madrid'; 23.3 x 17.4 cm.
J[ ] Laurent; J[ ] Lacoste.
Key (manuscript in ink on paper, 23.6 x 15.2 cm) pasted in bottom left corner of backing, numbers of key in ( ) after title.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No access restrictions.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material