- 1893 - 1968 (Vervaardig)
Omvang en medium
Naam van de archiefvormer
The Students' Representative Council for day students of the Glasgow and West of Scotland Technical College was formed in 1893. A separate body for evening students, the Evening Students' Representative Council, existed for many years in parallel until the two amalgamated during the 1940s.
The Students' Representative Council organised reunions of former students and social functions such as dances and published the student magazine. It mounted a successful campaign in 1953 for a new Students' Union Building, which was formally opened in John Street in May 1959. At the same time, the Students' Representative Council was renamed the Students' Association. In 1964, the Association amalgamated with the Students' Representative Council of the Scottish College of Commerce, to form the Students' Association of the University of Strathclyde.
Geschiedenis van het archief
Directe bron van verwerving of overbrenging
Inhoud en structuur
Bereik en inhoud
Minutes and papers of the Council and its committees; minutes of Evening Students' Representative Council committees; financial records; social functions memorabilia; records relating to the Union building; submissions to the College, University Grants Committee and Robbins Committee on Higher Education; scarves, ties, badges; visitors' book.
Waardering, vernietiging en slectie
Voorwaarden voor toegang en gebruik
Voorwaarden voor raadpleging
Student lists are restricted in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Voorwaarden voor reproductie
Taal van het materiaal