Collection T-MIN/25 - Reports and surveys of collieries and quarries on Dalzell Estate

Identity area

Reference code

GB 249 T-MIN/25

Title

Reports and surveys of collieries and quarries on Dalzell Estate

Date(s)

  • 1846-1888 (Creation)

Level of description

Collection

Extent and medium

3 volumes

Context area

Name of creator

()

Administrative history

The Dalzell Estate was owned by John Glencairn Carter Hamilton. It included a number of collieries and quarries in Lanarkshire: Lady Emily, Camp, Dalzell, Shields and Parkhead Collieries, and Jerviston, Coursington and Knowehead Quarries. The condition of the mines and quarries was regularly surveyed by mining engineers.

Name of creator

Name of creator

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Survey inspections and reports; journals of bores.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Open

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Item level list available in reading room.

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related genres

Related places