GB 249 OP/1
- 1853 - 1975 (Production)
Niveau de description
Étendue matérielle et support
Zone du contexte
Nom du producteur
The University of Strathclyde was established by royal charter in August 1964, following the merger of the Royal College of Science and Technology with the Scottish College of Commerce. Discussions with the University Grants Committee had taken place for a decade before that, on the possibility of the Royal College entering a closer relationship with Glasgow University than its existing affiliation agreement. However, the granting of university status afforded the best opportunity for future development of the college. University departments were grouped in schools of study: mathematics, physics and computer science; chemical and materials sciences; mechanical and chemical engineering and naval architecture; civil and mining engineering and applied geology; electrical and electronic engineering; architecture, building science and planning; biological sciences; pharmaceutical sciences; arts and social studies; business and administration; and Strathclyde Business School. The schools of study were reorganised in 1982 into four faculties: of science, engineering, arts and social studies and business. In 1993, the university merged with Jordanhill College of Education. The college became the university's fifth faculty, of education, and continued to operate on the Jordanhill Campus in the west of the city, six miles distant from the John Anderson Campus in the city centre. With this merger, Strathclyde became the third largest university in Scotland.
Source immédiate d'acquisition ou de transfert
Zone du contenu et de la structure
Portée et contenu
General views, aerial views and artists' impressions of campus of Anderson's University, the Royal College of Science and Technology and the University of Strathclyde.
Évaluation, élimination et calendrier de conservation
Mode de classement
Zone des conditions d'accès et d'utilisation
Conditions de reproduction
Langue des documents