GB 249 OB/9/2
- 1854 - 1861 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
The Medical Faculty was established in 1799. Famous alumni of the Faculty include David Livingstone, who was a student from 1836 to 1839.
In 1887, following the establishment of the Glasgow and West of Scotland Technical College, the Medical Faculty separated from the College and became a separate institution, called Anderson's College Medical School.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Details recorded are name, address (city/town) and subjects taken.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material