- 1890-2002 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
The books originally belonged to Walter Bell (1883-1960) who was a member of the Independent Labour Party and a union activist, and James Robertson, a railway signalman who worked with L.N.E.R..
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Donated to the University of Strathclyde by Walter A. M. Bell, son of Walter Bell (1883-1960), c. 2000. The collection has been supplemented with related material from main library stock.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Collection of works on socialism and left wing politics.
Includes microfilm copies of:
- Scottish Trades Union Congress minutes, 1897-1951
- Scottish Trades Union Congress annual reports, 1897-1931
- Hamilton Labour Party records, 1918-1951
- Labour politics in Glasgow, 1894-1951
- Glasgow Trades Council minutes and annual reports, 1858-1951
- Scottish women's suffrage movement, 1902-1933
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
All the books in this collection are catalogued on SUPrimo the University of Strathclyde Library's integrated search service.