For many years, members of the club were drawn exclusively from the Scottish School of Physical Education. In 1959 the club was reconvened, after a brief closure, and in the same year won promotion from the Second to the First Division of the West District League. From 1961 onwards, with an increased membership of twenty-two, the club was able for the first time to field both First and Second Division teams. Throughout the 1970s and 1980s the club played in both the Strathclyde Premier League Division One and the Scottish National League (Premier or Division Two), as well as participating in numerous external tournaments including the Dublin-Blackrock Inter-Nation Tournament, the Scottish Cup and the British Colleges Tournament. Match days were Wednesdays and Sundays, training sessions held twice weekly and matches played in the Scottish School of Physical Education Games Hall.