- GB 249 OP
- 1853 to date
Black and white, sepia and colour photographic prints and negatives, including glass negatives; transparencies; postcards; sketches and artists' impressions.
Photographs of people are mainly individual and group photographs of staff and students. Images of machinery and equipment include slides used for teaching purposes, and an early photograph of an Argyll motor car on the ramp in the Mechanical Engineering Laboratory. Photographs of University buildings include Anderson's University, the Mechanics' Institution, the Weaving, Dyeing and Printing College and Allan Glen's School, in addition to the later buildings of the Royal Technical College and the Scottish College of Commerce and the modern buildings of the University. The visit by HM King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra, and the laying of the foundation stone of the Royal College Building in 1903 is also represented in the collection. There are also aerial photographs of the campus at various periods of development. Photograph albums preserve the memory of honorary graduations, VIP visits and other events.