Leaflet produced by the Hotel and Catering Institute Scottish Branch, listing all the hotel and catering training centres in Scotland (including the Scottish Hotel School) and the types of courses provided at each one.
Includes the full names and monthly salaries of each member of staff. Also includes payments made to visiting lecturers.
The following documents are enclosed with the volume:
- List of names and salary scales of Scottish Hotel School academic and technical staff, session 1954-1955
- List of lectures given by visiting lecturers to second year students, session 1950-1951
- List of lectures arranged by the Scottish Tourist Board and given by persons other than members, session 1950-1951
- Letter from Noel Branton, Head of Department of Business Administration, Glasgow and West of Scotland Commercial College, to A.W. Middleton, Secretary, Glasgow and West of Scotland Commercial College, 13 June 1951. Confirming that Mr MacKinven has delivered 35 hours of lectures in Italian to the final year BSc (Economics) students.
Records the date, details and price of each book acquired for the Scottish Hotel School Library between 11 January 1968 and 19 July 1977. The back page of the volume also contains statistics for session 1976-1977 relating to Library expenditure, the number of books in the Library, the number of books issued, and some general comments.
Entries number 1-1989 record details of each item of stock as at 1965; entries number 2080-3050 record the date, details and price of each new book acquired for the Scottish Hotel School Library from 1965 to 29 December 1967.
Photocopies of two menus for the Scottish Hotel School students' Christmas meal at Ross Hall, 1951 and 1952, made from originals belonging to former student, Alistair Gardner. Both menus were designed and hand-drawn by another student, Colin MacLean. The menu for 1951 is reproduced in the Scottish Hotel School Former Students' Association Newsletter for January-March 2000.
Magazine to keep students and industry informed of events happening within the Scottish Hotel School in relation to student and graduate placements.
- Issue 1 (January 1997
- Issue 2 (October 1997)
- Issue 3 (January 1998)
- Issue 4 (May 1998)
- Headline issue (October 1998)
- Issue 5 (November 1998)
Annual reports of the Scottish College of Commerce for sessions 1955-1956 to 1962-1963 (report for session 1957-1958 not held). Each report contains a separate section on the Scottish Hotel School. Students of the Scottish Hotel School also appear in the general list of examination results.