The Former Students' Club, founded in 1922, formed an interesting link between past and present members of Jordanhill College of Education. Under its auspices, the badminton, tennis and dramatic sections carried on a vigorous existence. Its fortunes declined and it eventually closed its doors in 1929, largely due to the fact that very few former students of the college received appointments in Glasgow and Lanarkshire. The continued existence of the club's funds facilitated its re-birth in 1934 as the Training College Club, with Miss Jean Milligan serving as President. This club shared the same objective as its antecedent: to help maintain friendships made at the College. To that end it arranged a programme of activities, including badminton, dramatic and country dancing sections, as well as popular monthly social functions.