GB 249 OF/56
- 1958 - 1959 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
In 1933, the Department of Civil Engineering and the Department of Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering were amalgamated as the single Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics. In 1947, the Department's name was changed to Civil and Mechanical Engineering. In 1956, the name was again changed, to Department of Mechanical, Civil and Chemical Engineering. On the establishment of the University of Strathclyde in 1964, the Department of Mechanical, Civil and Chemical Engineering was split into three departments, namely Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Teaching handouts; notes for report on research; course leaflet; memorandum about chemical engineering laboratory; engineering theses.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material