GB 249 T-MIN/18
- 1863 - 2010 (Vervaardig)
Omvang en medium
Naam van de archiefvormer
The Barony congregation of the Church of Scotland was in existence for several hundred years in Glasgow, in the neighbourhood of Glasgow Cathedral. When the old church building was deemed to be in a state of terminal disrepair, the congregation and their minister, the Reverend John Marshall Lang, raised funds for a new building. The new Barony Church, located on the opposite side of Cathedral Square, the site of the former Townhead Gas Works, was opened in 1889. In 1985, the final service was held in the church and the building was sold to the University of Strathclyde. After its restoration, for which the University was awarded international prizes, the building came into use as the University's Barony Hall, hosting graduations, examinations and functions. The Barony congregation dispersed in 1985.
Geschiedenis van het archief
Directe bron van verwerving of overbrenging
Inhoud en structuur
Bereik en inhoud
Church magazines; plans; photographs; report and year book; pulpit bible; histories of the church; tercentenary grand bazaar programme and medal; orders of service; information on stained glass windows.
Waardering, vernietiging en slectie
Voorwaarden voor toegang en gebruik
Voorwaarden voor raadpleging
Voorwaarden voor reproductie
Taal van het materiaal