- 1884-1947 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
The Anderson College of Medicine had its origins in 1799 as the Medical Faculty of Anderson's Institution, Glasgow. Following the restructuring of technical education in Glasgow in 1887, the Medical School became a separate institution, called Anderson's College Medical School. In 1889, the School relocated to a new building near the Western Infirmary, designed by the architects, Honeyman and Keppie. In 1913, the School changed its name to the Anderson College of Medicine. Following the establishment of the National Health Service in 1947, the School amalgamated with the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Glasgow.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Calendars; report and fundraising appeal for new buildings; drawings of new building; advertisement for classes; brochure for dinner.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material