Anderson's College, Glasgow | Medical Faculty

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Anderson's College, Glasgow | Medical Faculty

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1799-1887

History

The Medical Faculty was established in 1799. Famous alumni of the Faculty include David Livingstone, who was a student from 1836 to 1839.

In 1887, following the establishment of the Glasgow and West of Scotland Technical College, the Medical Faculty separated from the College and became a separate institution, called Anderson's College Medical School.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Anderson's College, Glasgow (1796-1887)

Identifier of the related entity

C0046

Category of the relationship

hierarchical

Dates of the relationship

1799-1887

Description of relationship

Related entity

Anderson College of Medicine, Glasgow (1887-1947)

Identifier of the related entity

C0051

Category of the relationship

temporal

Dates of the relationship

1887

Description of relationship

In 1887, the Medical Faculty became Anderson's College Medical School (later renamed the Anderson College of Medicine).

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

C0091

Institution identifier

GB 249

Rules and/or conventions used

ISAAR(CPF): International Standard Archival Authority Record for Corporate Bodies, Persons and Families, International Council on Archives (2nd edition, 2003); Rules for the construction of personal, place and corporate names, National Council on Archives (1997).

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created by Victoria Peters, March 2010.

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC